So, you wanna take part in an Outlaw shoot?
Don't worry, you only need a few things. While PRS style shooting can become very "gear focused", it really only requires a few simple things.
What you are going to need:
- A .22LR Rifle (Bolt Action or Semi)
- A scope or sight you feel comfortable shooting out to 100 yards
- A sling or bipod for positional shooting
- 150 rds of ammo (Test your ammo for accuracy beforehand. Every gun is unique)
- A basic understanding of how far your bullet drops at 25, 50, 75 and 100 yards.
Here are two simiplified drop charts for common "off-the-shelf" ammo to help you get started. Your results may vary slightly, but it should get you "in the ball park"
CCI Standard Velocity